Hints on getting started with Pitchero
The new MHC website is run using Pitchero (a specialised sports web management system). In order to login with the website you’ll need a Pitchero account to access it.
1. Don’t try and start with Pitchero on your phone. The whole set up is easier using a desktop/laptop to start with.
2. Create a Pitchero account by going to www.maidenheadhc.org.uk and click join my club, then fill in your email and pick a password. On the next screen please choose the role you are applying for, Club member, player or parent. If you are joining Pitchero to register your child then please click parent and on the next screen type in their name. You will then have a Pitchero account that is linked with your child’s. (Please note you can register your details as your child, but this will only work if you are not involved with the club as a player or coach or have more than one child at the club). If you are registering as a player or coach please pick which team you play for so you are associated with that section.
3. Next you can go to the payments section and pay your subscriptions for the year. As the year progresses you will also find that additional weeks eg. Summer Coaching can be paid for in this way as well. Please pay your subs before 30 September as they will go up after this time.
4. Payment is by direct transfer from your bank account. You can pay in one go or by Direct Debit. So you will need your bank details handy.
5. You can then assign what team you or your child is associated with. Go in to your membership tab and in the Player line click on ‘Apply for role’. Choose the team you want from the drop down menu and fill in the form, including phone number. This request will then go through to the webmaster to be approved.
6. Once the team have approved your request you can put up your availability and see what matches are coming up, and the coach or captain can send you notifications and communications.
7. If you are a Facebook user, it is much easier to associate your Pitchero with your Facebook account for use on your phone. To do this go to the home tab and click on settings. There is now a new set of tabs under the main ones. Click on ‘Social’ and associate your Facebook with your Pitchero account. Also on this setting tab, you can add a photo, sort out passwords, SMS settings etc.
8. Finally, now download the Pitchero App to your phone via the app store on your phone and then log on with Facebook or your Pitchero password and you are set to go.
9. You will now receive notifications, match requests, and news relevant to your team and the Club.
Those who have been to JDC/JAC etc will have an England Hockey account. This is separate to the MHC site.
If you experience any problems then please feel free to contact one of our webmasters LindseyLucas@gmail.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Kindly written by Gill Towell
Updated 11:24 - 21 Sep 2016 by Maidenhead Hockey Club